Mountain Rose Bordoodles sets the the bar high for breeding excellence...
- Our puppies are from purebred registered parents (AKC - Poodle and ABCA - Border Collie).
- Our sires and dams have been DNA tested for the presence of certain genes known to cause health issues in both Poodles and Border Collies. All of our sires and dams are 100% clear of those "problem" genes that cause Progressive Retinal Atrophy, Degenerative Myelopathy, Seizures, Thyroid Disease, Sebuceous Adenitis, Von Willebrand Disease, Osteochondrodysplasia and Collie Eye anomaly.
- OFA or PennHip testing is conducted on all breeding females and studs. This testing helps us determine whether or not hip dysplasia is present and/or probable in offspring. All of our breeding dogs must show that they are clear of any type of hip dysplasia and must score above average for the breed,
- You receive a certified pedigree for your puppy (family history).
- We provide bi-weekly photo albums of each puppy at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks of age.
- We provide video of the pups at 4 weeks and 6 weeks of age.
- We conduct a Volhard Puppy Aptitude Test on all puppies at 7 weeks of age and post the results on our web site the same day.
- Your puppy receives first vaccinations at 6 weeks.
- Your puppy is Microchipped for easy identification by Vets, Humane Society and independent animal welfare institutions.
- Because we have many years of professional experience in training dogs, we are able to provide an advanced Socialization Program which involves lots of love, attention and proper handling.
- All of our puppies are born in our house under strict supervision.
- All of our puppies are examined by a licensed veterinarian.
- A certificate of good health is also provided by a licensed vet prior to delivery of your puppy.
All of our puppies come to you healthy, clean and happy. We enthusiastically provide the following...
- 2-Year Health Guarantee.
- De-wormed at 2, 4 and 6 weeks.
- After weaning, our pups are fed high quality grain-free puppy food.
- First round of vaccinations administered @ 6 weeks
- Health examination by a licensed Veterinarian.
- A certificate of good health issued by licensed Vet.
All of our puppies are Microchipped for easy identification by Vets, Humane Society and independent animal welfare institutions.
***We will accommodate your request to not have your puppy micro-chipped if that is your wish.
Our Socialization Program
What is socialization? Introducing and familiarizing a canine to new experiences, including people, places, objects and other animals in ways that help the dog learn how to respond to and interact with these experiences appropriately and without fear. On our small farm we provide our puppies with an environment that allows us to control the experiences of all new puppies. We implement daily routines of love and affection involving holding and cuddling. We expose our pups to other animals, other people (and our nearby grandchildren), new objects, new situations and individual walks on a leash. Because our adult dogs are treated with the utmost respect and given ample love and attention, our pups learn by observing their Mom's behavior and interaction with our family. Because we are professional dog trainers as well as breeders, our experience helps us avoid mistakes and we set the stage for a very well balanced adult dog.